Re: Need advice on big road trip

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 08:26:50 EST

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:36:24 andy levy wrote:

> How about taking I-69 to Lansing, MI then turning south towards
> Indianapolis, then pick up I-70 there? You'll avoid both Detroit and
> Chicago this way.

Oh, yes, you'd better believe that I've already planned to avoid Windsor
and Detroit. No offense to anyone who lives there (Hi Adam!), I just
don't feel like dealing with the traffic. The route from Toronto goes on
the 401 over to the 402 to Sarnia, then crosses over to Port Huron. I-69
from there through Flint and Lansing. Technically, I don't have to choose
until we get in to Indiana, whether to turn on to I-80 or to continue on
I-69 south to Indianapolis to pick up I-70. I'd just like to have a plan
before we head out.

> Along any major interstate you'll find 24 hour gas stations and truck
> stops.

In the East I know that's true, I just wasn't sure about Kansas, Nebraska,
Wyoming, etc.

> And no, I don't think you're insane, in fact these days travel by car or
> rail is a lot less stressful and for trips under 6 hours it's actually
> faster once you figure in security, etc. at the airport.

Well, this trip isn't exactly under six hours. I'm hoping it will be done
within *thirty* six hours :-).

> Plus I just enjoy road trips.

Yep, we definitely agree with you there. My mom thinks we're crazy, but
we're looking forward to it. Probably I won't be looking forward to the
trip back, though.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario