Re: Need advice on big road trip

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 08:42:56 EST

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:36:54 Terrible Tom wrote:

> If it was me I would stay away from I-80. Or at least pick it up west
> of Chicago.

Well, if we take I-70, we're going to be staying on it clear through Green
River, UT.

> As I encountered on my way out the Daktoberfest... keep yer radar
> detector and your CB on all through Ohio and Indiana.

Hmmm... radar detector... I had to sell mine before moving to Ontario
(I've heard the cops here take them out, throw them on the ground and
stomp them). I wonder if I can rent one. Well, with the possibility of
winter weather I probably won't be going too fast, anyway.

> I can only give you my opinion based on roads east of Chicago. I have
> never been on any road west of Chciago.

You don't know what you're missing out on, then. In '96 my brother and I
made it from Orem to Las Vegas in just over 5 hours. It's about 500
miles. You do the math :-). Only saw one officer on the whole trip.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario