RE: Throttle body cleaning?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Nov 26 2002 - 09:01:36 EST

Yes...remove the TPS and MAP sensor as well and clean out the port on
the TB for the MAP sensor (not the actual MAP sensor though).

No advantage to removing the O2 sensors as they are not "cleanable". If
the sensor(s) is older than 60K miles...just replace it (or at least the
front sensor in '97+ models).

Yes, you can clean the IAT sensor...but it doesn't do anything for
performance. The IAT sensor doesn't really care if it's dirty or clean,
unless it's REALLY dirty (then you've got other problems such as a
leaking belly pan or excessive blow-by).

- Bernd