Re: How to park this?

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 10:37:11 EST

Try getting a piece of cardboard (old refridgerator box) and build a "shell" that will catch all of the ice, etc. that you can back into. It will look goofy at first, but once it ices up, you will have a "socket" to back your truck into...

>>> andylevy@yahoo.com 12/03/02 11:05PM >>>

Moved into a new apartment this summer so this if my first winter
dealing with this parking lot. Parking spaces are right against the
building and the roof slopes down towards it that in the rain there's a
"curtain" parallel with the facec of the building.

Fast-forward to the last couple weeks. With the snow I typically park
ass-in so I can pull out easier. Trouble is, I now have a *huge* mass
of ice on the bumper, to the point where the license plate is 3/4
obscured, and I'm not sure the tailgate will open due to the mass on the
top of the bumper. Fortunately, I've been parking far enough from the
wall that it's not coming down on the soft tonneau.

Obviously I don't want to park nose-in, because I'll just b0rk all my
new bodywork up there (but ice over the radiator - work better than
cardboard!). Should I just grin & bear it, taking a bucket of hot water
to it every couple days to keep things in check, or should I try to talk
a neighbor into trading spaces with me so I can park much farther away
but out of the path of the ice?

December 3 and the icicles hanging down from the edge of the roof are
longer than the bottom of my window (I'm on the top floor). This is
gonna be a long, cold winter (3F this morning).