94 Dak, Can't turn key

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 22:36:32 EST

Arghh!!!

I've finally got the Dak running again and it's been fine for the last
couple months. Thanks to all the suggustions. The problem went away after
I re-did any underhood splice I could find and replaced the last couple feet
of wire running to the coil.

I've got the plow back out of storage and everything works. It's starting
to snow again, and I can't get the key to turn in the ignition. Can't move
it either forward or back. I tried both my OEM keys with the same result
and no difference. I'm about to start digging through the FSM, but does
anyone have any ideas? At this rate I'm never going to find out if BFG MT's
work in the snow or not. Oh yeah, the stearing wheel isn't locked either,
I can still wiggle a little bit each way.

David Henry
94 CC Sport 4x4, 318 5spd, Lifted 33" BFG MT (Starting to snow in Detroit,
MI)