Re: 22 gal. gas tank?

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 00:37:01 EST

Valentin Garcia wrote:

> Uh.. stupid question,
> How do I know if I have a 22 gallon gas tank? My window sticker says I
> have one, but everytime I fill up, it only takes between 17 - 19
> gallons.

You shouldn't be running it dry. It'll kill your fuel pump if you do it
enough. Once the low gas light is on, fill up. If you're taking 17-19
gallons, you have the 22 gallon tank; I don't think the 15 gallon is
offered anymore (and you can't cram 17 gallons into a 15 gallon tank),
and the 24 gallon is only on the QC.

> Also, what is the best method to calculate my MPG? I have been
> dividing miles driven by gallons consumed. If this is accurate, i'm
> getting between 11 and 13 MPG :-(

That's the only way. Fill the tank every time and divide miles driven
by gallons pumped.