Re: Need help determining connection fittings

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 13:42:57 EST

Chris,
      I didn't get a chance to look at my engine at lunch break, but I will
send a note to my home address to make sure I check it this afternoon after
I get home from work. If you'd like, you can email me at rirons@doverde.net
and I'll send you a reply off line from the DML this evening. As fas as
tripping a code in the computer, the vacuum leak is so small with the plug
missing off the manifold, it does'nt trip the code. Actually, you can take
solace in the fact that your computer was able to compensate the
difference. I had a high idle on my truck and it tripped code 1294, high
idle, check for vacuum leak or possible bad IAC valve. As it turns out, I
ended up replacing the IAC cause I was careless with the solenoid after I
removed it and finding the unplugged fitting.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE