Re: Re: tires online

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 00:22:42 EST

andy levy wrote:

I have Firestone Wilderness AT tires - 235/75/15 on my 4x4 Dak... put
them on with about 100 miles on them - off a brand new (at the time)
2000 Ford Explorer. Heh - Got them for free. They went on my Dak one
year ago. Took them out to the BBQ in NY 1200 miles, up and back to
wisconsin twice 1200 miles - done 90+ MPH with them... No blow outs yet :-)

I'm a Michelin man. I took the Wilderness AT's cuz they were free and
the set that were on teh 4x4 when I bought it - were bald. My 2WD has
never had anything but Michelins on it. I don't think I would spend
money on a set of Firestones, simply because I am biased to
Michelins...but I don't think Bridgestone/Firestone are dangerous tires.
I am more inclined to think that it was Ford's fault. You underinflate
any tire - Firestone, Michelin, BFG (BFG is a branch of Michelin),
Cooper etc... the tires wear faster on the edges, they wear unevenly -
they fail faster. Firestone got shafted because Ford fought nasty in
trying to save the image of "the number one selling SUV."

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/