Re: Buying New Truck (LONG!)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 17:32:17 EST

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Tom, my personal opinion would be for you to sell both Daks.
> This is based on all the trouble and headaches that you had just driving
> to Jon's last summer with little problems.

I know I know....

> If you can't part with both of them, then sell at least one of 'em.
> That way, even if it just 1000 bucks or so, it will help with the
> payments on the Ram. And i can't see the guy at the dealership not
> honouring what he quoted you, unless he came off as a total sleazeball...

I don't know if he was serious about it or not but I plan on calling his
bluff. If he renigs on teh deal - there will be consequences. The
dealership owner will know about it. DC will hear about their 5 star
dealer who is playing games with customers. And I'll smear the name of
the dealership from here to eternity. For now I'm keeping the name to
myself, pending the outcome of this situation.

> Anyway, as for getting it inspected, you should be able to listen to how
> the engine sounds, and look for any "leakage" from the engine to
> determne whether or not there is anything wrong under the hood.
> But, with that plow sitting on the front i would DEFINITELY get it to a
> suspension place to have them check everything out.
> You and i both know what kind of damage can be caused it the previous
> owner slammed the plow a few times.

Yup I know what can happen to a plow truck when it gets beat up - I
bought one - its in my carport LOL!

> And if you do get that bad boy, it better go through the pit next 4th of
> July!!!! hehehehe

Wellllll IF I buy it and IF I get to New York - - I can't say for sure
it will go through The Pit.

Hmmmm how about naming The Pit, "Christine"... corny maybe, but kinda
fitting because the movie was about a killer Mopar - but instead we have
a Mopar killer!

If I get the Ram - its gotta last. I didn;t care if the Dak fell apart
- but for something that's going to cost much more than the Dak - its
gotta last. Right now, I can't afford to be dropping cash on trucks
every couple of years.

I can say for sure I would take it down the trails - but not so sure
bout Christine ... I may be an insane off his rocker in outerspace
maniac... but I'm not stupid heh.

--

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa)

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/