RE: 3.55 vs. 3.92

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 06:50:34 EST

There's not much difference between 3.92 and 4.10, performance or gas
mileage, so I'd recommend the 4.10 for that "little" extra. Moving up from
3.55 should get you at least 1-2 tenths in the quarter and another mph or
so. Rule of thumb is every 1/10 second equals a car length in the quarter
mile so it's a worthwhile upgrade. (assuming you have equal traction
compared to the 3.55s)

If most of your driving is city streets you might see a gas mileage
improvement. Highway mileage, with OD, shouldn't hurt much at all.

RayB