Re: Bob Tom Scraps Dakota - Laws

From: Wayne (blowndakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 11:56:51 EST

I usually don’t reply to these types of posts but
these comments made me felt as I must. Saying these
types of laws are aimed at the Fast and Furious crowd
makes about as much sense as opening up with a sawed
off shotgun into a crowded mall and saying you were
trying to kill a fly. If these so called street
racers are causing all this mayhem, why not pass a law
against street racing, speeding or reckless driving in
general? Of course there are already laws against
such behavior so more laws will not assist the police
in enforcing them. I certainly would not want a law
that leaves enforcement up to the discretion of a
police officer who may or may not understand the
difference between a Hyundai with a chrome tip and a
Hemi Cuda. The real force behind such laws is
twofold. One is to keep you out from under the hood
of your own car so you are at the mercy of dealerships
and manufactures. The other is to allow large
factories and corporations to continue to destroy the
environment while putting the blame on the consumer.
I am sorry, but the thought that laws such as these
are put in place to ensure the safety of those on the
roads is laughable at best.