QC (was: Inside SVT's new Lightning Bolt Truck - QA?)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 10:59:46 EST

Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil> wrote:
[...]
: Though, I had to laugh at that statement knowing that DaimlerChrylser effort
: is rolling like a snowball down a big hill, only getting bigger and bigger
: with QA. I am totally satisfied with the initial QA of the vehicle after
: inspecting everything. Yes Jon! DC has done a lot since it take over with
: the newer vehicle.

   Yep I know - Chrysler's quality control was one of the reasons MB
wanted to buy them! Despite popular notions to the contrary, the
quality of Mercedes-Benz vehicles actually wasn't that great, at least
for their lower priced offerings. MB did pretty good when they went
over the vehicles by hand to tweak out the bugs (but then, who wouldn't,
given the time invested and the overall retail price?), but Chrysler
was cranking out low priced vehicles with excellent quality, and Shrempp
wanted a piece of that. I submit that DC's quality control is in spite
of the takeover, rather than because of it. :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'