Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: Street racing & Common sense or lack there

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 14:40:00 EST

At 01:02 PM 1/5/2003 -0600, you wrote:

> > for those peeps doing under 65 why are they on the highway in the
> > firstplace, this is impeding the flow of traffic and is also illegal!
>No, there is always a minimum speed posted. It is legal to do any speed
>between the two limits. If you were in the left lane doing the minimum,
>then, yes, you are impeding traffic. If you were in the left lane doing the
>maximum allowed by law, you had better not get a ticket for impeding
>traffic, or you would have very good grounds for a lawsuit if found guilty
>of same. Any judge in their right mind would throw that ticket out and give
>the LEO a stern reprimand. for wasting the court's time. Not to mention
>yours.

I rarely see a minimum speed posted. There are frequently two speed limit
signs, one for trucks and vehicles with trailers and the other for regular
vehicles. There certainly is a 'minimum', but I think it really depends on
a.) Which lane you're in (right lane is for slower vehicles) and b.) How fast
the rest of the traffic is moving.

If the minimum speed posted were 45 and all traffic were going 35, does that
mean they're all in violation? I think not...and that's probably why I don't
really ever see a minimum speed posted.

-Bill