Re: Re: Re: 4L JEEP ENGINE INTO A GEN III to replace a 2.5L?

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 17:13:59 EST

In a message dated 1/19/2003 3:03:17 PM Central Standard Time,
jonsdak@midmaine.com writes:

> Yeah, Cummins does make a 3.9L engine, but it's not emmisions legal in the
> States :-(
> How do I know this? Well, the displacement in my truck and that of the 4BTA
> are quite similar... ;-)

Is that the same one.. I know they have a few 4 cyl setups? Is the 4BTA and
the B3.9 the same motor. If the 6 is emmission legal, the 4 cylinder based
off of it should be as well. The Jeep 4.0 would be much cheaper anyway
though.
Aaron Wyse
94 RC WS 2.5L
86 Shelby Charger Turbo