RE: Re[2]: Floor Jack Question

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 07:21:43 EST

I do the very same thing Mike.
Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Michael Clark
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:05 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re[2]: DML: Floor Jack Question

I can never bring myself to trust jacks or stands.
When I'm under mine i share the load between the
stands AND the jack. What I do is jack it up then
lower it down onto the stands but I put back some
pressure (maybe one or two pumps) on the jack. I
figure if either one gives out the other will still
hold. I strongly advise anyone NOT to work under any
vehicle with just a jack holding it.
--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com