'05 Dak on Buzz/ now Hemi question

From: Saint (saint1958@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 10:33:07 EST

Again, go read the article. A quick snapshot: Dodge V8 engineering team
went to the original 426 Hemi Chrysler engineer who designed the motor and
used one of the last original 426 engines from the manufacturer's shelf to
model after.

>From there they took some of the latest technology that was designed into
the 3.7 and the 4.7 motors. In conclusion, from the older 426 engine and
the newer semi-hemi 3.7/4.7, the 5.7 Hemi was born. Thus, the world goes on
and Dodge rules the truck planet. LOL

Now why didn't they use the old design? It would never passed the 2005
Federal SMOG mandates. Yes! The world is getting smaller and the SMOG
requirements are getting tighter.

Why didn't enlarged the 4.7 to become the 5.7? It would not be an official
Hemi motor. The goal is to build a new design hemi engine that will scare
the jeebies out of any driver who hear it coming, or see it up close. As I
did when I used to race my street converted drag car - 69 Chevell SS with a
502 CUI motor from hell. Seeing that 426 Bubble Bee Hemi (for those who are
muscle fans- you know what I am referring too) car at the light, I would
tuck my tail between my leg and turn the corner.

 With the latest Hemi engine, there is not need for any pre-CAT units since
the latest gas dynamics improved the efficiency of the combustion cycle.

Jeff, ask Matt Barrett for a copy of the Hot Rod magazine. It has some
interesting highlights about the potential of the engine.

Oh....for those who are still wondering about the 05 Dakota and the hemi
option, think about it. Would you disclosed any info on the top worlds best
performer mid-size truck, namely the Dodge Dakota, to the world and allow
the SVT folks have the upper hand who are now considering the baby Lightning
(A.K.A. Thunderbolt) for production?

Some other facts that are in the Dodge engine corner, there is a refresh
update to the 5.7 motor that is expected by that time. This will be a
serious performing truck in the world. Latest frame technology, engines,
suspension, more composites materials, and so on. Not only that, the Hemi
engine additions are coming, the 6.X liter, the 8.X liter, and another
mystery small size 4-banger hemi variant I have been hearing about for the
next compact refresh.

With the next Gen IV Dakota design, a mixture of Power Wagon, Power Box, and
some Ram influence. I think it will spell success.

For those die hard Dakota fans, have patient, it will come to the Auto Show.
LOL

Steven
2003 Dodge Quad Ram Hemi 5.7 (FOR SALE-wife)
2000 Dodge Dakota S/Hemi (Some idiot hit the vehicle)
2000 Roush Ford Mustang (1 of 2 beta vehicles)
1999 Chevy Astro (A.K.A. GM Junk)
1993 Geo Tracker (Amazing vehicle that keeps running)
PROJECT CAR:
1992 Suzuki Swift GT 1775lb) Intercooled Turbo - 350HP
FUTURE PURCHASES:
04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 or 05 Dodge Dakota SRT-8(replace the Dakota)
04 Dodge Hemi Durango (replace Hemi- wife)