Re: Re: Re: Pure embarassment... (Long,but easy reading.)

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 21:41:38 EST

Ken Allgood wrote:
> mmmm... not sure... but I know I do that manuever plenty...... need to
> turn at next light, and I can get in front in the other lane.. oh yeah, no
> Chuby or Turd gonna stop me :-) (no, I don't push in, just fly by and hop
> over....... kindly merge in if I have to.. SERIOUSLY!!!) =D
>
> Actually, I've had it where I put my blinker on like you're suppose to, wait
> for someone to let me in.. after 2 or 3 pass me up, I just floor it and hop
> in front of the whole group... I have to deal with 2 lanes merging to 1
> twice on the same road within about a 2 mile area.. PITA with all the
> pricks trying to speed up and force their way in, especially when it's the
> fast lane that technically ends... I had a lady in a SUV try that on me one
> day..... I'm in the right lane (also the lane that other traffic is merging
> INTO), and there is this lady in the left lane. Her SUV has the front
> bumper pretty much right behind my rear bumper, with enough open space to
> pull in behind me, and her lane ends. So what does she do??? She speeds up
> and pulls beside me!! No way am I taking that. So I keep driving within
> the lane, and she is 1/2 way into oncoming lane. Finally oncoming traffic
> forces her to back off and get in behind me. Now, I know.. Is it worth
> the risk? Probably not, even though I did absolutely nothing wrong and she
> did everything wrong (hmmm.. failure to yield, wreckless driving, improper
> lane change, sure there's more we could tack on). That's why I love my
> truck though.. If I'm lucky enough to be first at the light, I just hit it,
> and don't have to worry about the merge :-)

Ken you don't commute the Parkinglot...er...Parkway.. or do you?? Well
actually at a merge like that you're supposed to alternate merge, but it
seems that many people do not grasp the concept all that well. That's
why I now take my chances(with my suspension and undercarriage) in the
morning going up 1&9 to Rt21 instead of the GSP. I do take the GSP
home..except during the summer on Fridays.. (now anybody from Jersey
damm well knows what I'm talking about)..

--
Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES