Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors & Raybestos Pads Up Date.

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:41:47 EST

At 09:53 AM 2/4/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>I actually still have the stock dodge front brakes on my truck at almost 41K
>miles. They were replaced once at 250 miles b/c the rotors warped like a
>mo'fo' but have been trouble free ever since. No pulsation, and there's
>still plenty of meat on the pads. I had to do the rears though...the camera
>likes it when you smoke em but your brakes don't.

I'm at 41k on my '00 right now and about to toss the stock rotors and go
with Powerslots. They're only slightly warped, but it's very noticeable
when getting off the freeway. I had my front rotors machined at about 20k
because they were warped. Still plenty left all around, but I'm tired of
dealing with the warping. In the summer months, I do quite a bit of
driving up and down some pretty steep roads, which definitely contributes
to the problem.

I think I will probably go with the Hawk pads just because that's what
Powerslot recommends and I don't want to cheap out, so I might as well take
their advice.

-Bill