RE: Again, speaking of idiot drivers..

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 12:12:25 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Day [mailto:billday@joink.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 12:12 PM
To: Dakota Truck Net
Subject: DML: Again, speaking of idiot drivers..

Welp, my wifes new used car(after I broke a plug in the head of the last
one) got hit this morning on snowy I-70

Seems 2 cars in front of her was a Caddy, lost controla nd was going down
I-70 sideways, eastbound. The car directly in front of her came off the
south lane into the north lane and went around him, my wife went for the
center ditch, well the car behind her I guess went for the ditch too, hit
her in the rear passngr quarter. The caddy regained control and kept going
along with the other foreign car. The idot behind wife was only a car
length behind her according to wife, yet the cop fills out the accident
paper as a no fault accident...

Bill Day

Hi Bill,
For this accident you should live here in VA. Anyone who strikes another
vehicle from behind is automatically at fault. Of course this works against
you when some clown pulls out in front of you, and you can't avoid hitting
them. Even though they cause a collision, you are at fault for hitting them
from behind.