RE: RE: Re: Oil sources OT (sort of)

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 11:44:41 EST

I think you hit the nail on the head there. The way prices fluctuate, with every station moving in lockstep, I think the govt could hit them for price-fixing - but it's never going to happen. The oil industry has too much $$ and influence to allow that. It's sort of like calling the fact that they take taxes out of a person's lottery winnings false advertising, it's an interesting theoretical concept, but it wouldn't work in practice.

>>> jdurling@bellsouth.net 02/18/03 10:03AM >>>

IT doesn't matter no matter what they do. You could set fire to the one
single oil well in slovania that nobody but the local gas station buys
oil from and the big oil companies would find a way to use it to run
prices up. Sometimes you have to start wondering if OPEC is the problem
anymore.

Jeff Durling