Belt tensioner pulley

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 20:18:14 EST

Do these things normally go south? On my 97, 318 Dak I've recently noticed
a metal on metal sound that seems to be coming from this pulley. Does the
dealer just sell a replacement pulley as my tensioner seems to work fine?
Any idea as to the cost in Canadian dollars? Anyone that has replaced this,
is it an easy task?
Also just to the right of the alternator is another pulley that just free
wheels, does this one also (bearings) go out sometimes?

Thanks in advance for any advice here guys
Jay