Re: [dml_Off_Topic] Impeach Bush Site

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 02:42:20 EST

Mark wrote:
> This is something that should be on every list. I put my country first,
> because without it, and the freedom enjoyed because of it, we wouldn't have
> a nice list where we can talk about our sporty Dakota's.
>
> Mark

I'm sorry but this has no place on the the *Dakota Mailing List*. If
you read the monthly DML "rules" post - you will see where it says:

"A REALLY good clue is if you notice other DMLers replying to the posts
with messages along the lines of 'please take this off list', or 'stop
this', its best to comply and take it to private e-mail."

The above excerpt was primarily referring to flame wars - which this
particular thread about war and Bush etc - is close to becoming. But it
applies to non-Dakota related things as well.

This is why the off-topic list was created. So that DML members could
discuss non-Dak related and perhaps controversial subjects, and not
distract or clog up the DML.

Most non-Dak related stuff is tolerated by everyone, including myself.
Remember the long thread I had about my wood burning stove in my garage?
That was not directly Dak related. (however it was related due to the
fact heat in the garage allows me to work on my Dak) - The point being
- in all honesty - I probably should have posted that to the off topic
list. The difference between a wood burning stove thread and a topic
such as "impeach bush site" - is that my stove question didn't start a
flame war. This topic is very likely to do such, and its inappropriate
to drag such a topic onto the DML.

I respectfully ask again that this be moved off the list, considering
its potential volatile nature.

Thanks for your understanding.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/