Re: Sub-woofer ?

From: Jon (jons@laserdrive.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 07:53:07 EST

If your main concern is space, I would HIGHLY recommend selling the Kenwood
sub and buying a Kicker S10L5 Solobaric. I just installed on in my dak, and
OMG is it killer. The rear wall is vibrating about 1" with 500W going to
the one sub. They are designed for a very small enclosure (.66cf is the
smallest). I can get these for $150 brand new. If you call your local
audio shop, they'll charge anywhere from $250-$350 for the same sub.

--
Jon Slavic
2000 CC Intense Blue 4x4 4.7L V8

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Bright Silver Metallic 4x4 3.7L V6 <Blakdak2k@aol.com> wrote in message news:1de.4b9715b.2ba83115@aol.com... > > I just picked up a Kenwood 250w amp and 8" 600w Kenwood subwoofer. The plan > is to build a custom box for them underneath the back seat in my GenIII Club > Cab. I have seen boxes like this before. > -My question is this box is going to be much smaller than the recommended > dimension for the woofer, is that going to seriously affect the performance. > > -Also I beleive I have seen clear plastic covers over subwoofers, does the > woofer sound just as good even if it has a sealed cover. Do I need ports or > anything > > Thanks > Aaron