Re: RE: Newbie drag questions

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 01:58:40 EST

""RayB"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:DHELJEKAGJCDGEGBEHHJKEICCNAA.bpracing@worldnet.att.net...

> A. NO, leave it in drive. You'll get a much cleaner 1-2 shift. Best
shift
> point for a '92 is 5000 or 5200 and can be altered somewhat by adjusting
the
> Throttle Valve (TV) cable. Let me know if you need further explanation.

Ray,

I was under the impression that it was better to do the 2-3 shift manually
because I know that on my truck, the shift point seems to be maybe a couple
hundred RPMs less for the 2-3 than the 1-2.

I was also gonna suggest maybe leaving it in first for the launch, just so
that the trans doesn't try to shift in case you get some wheelspin and have
to let off a little, but pop things into 2nd once you get traction, but
before the actual shift point. Just my theory, anyway.