RE: Re: Re: roller rockers

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 09:17:47 EST

Hardened pushrods are highly recommended with guideplates...however, if
you don't plan on twisting the engine past 5000rpm (5200rpm max), you
don't really need them. 1.7:1 rollers with the stock cam (on most V8's)
will gain you about 15-18RWHP more. 1.6:1 are good for about 5RWHP with
the stock cam. Both will allow the engine to spin up quicker due to
less friction on the valvetrain.

- Bernd