Re: RE: Re: RE: How to make some "REAL" power?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 03:46:32 EST

""RayB"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:DHELJEKAGJCDGEGBEHHJKECOCOAA.bpracing@worldnet.att.net...

> Kyle, this will be easier than I thought. :-) A good friend of mine has a
> '92 V6 and has gotten it down to 15.70's at the track,

Was that with the auto trans?

although he has the
> 3.90 LSD rear and did some *tricks* at the track that wouldn't be
practical
> on the street.

What kind of tricks? Stuff like taking as much weight as possible out?
Secret magic tricks intrigue me... :-)

> I need to know a few more things about yours. What mods have you done so
> far? Is your cat and pipe to the muffler 3" or smaller?

Cat is 3" in/out, and 3" from there back to the tip of the tailpipe, w/ a
flowmaster 40 series in between. Other stuff would be a 180* t-stat, K&N
drop-in, splash sheild removal, and the IAT relocate.

Thanks for your little writeup that you also posted... I'll look into all
the "little" stuff once finals are done and I'm out of University for the
summer.