M-1 Intake gains?

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 11:07:47 EST

Just wondering... I'm looking at getting an M1 intake if it turns out my Belly pan Gasket needs to be replaced. What kind of gains would I be looking at here (Ray?????? hehe).. Here's the current list of mods:

Quick-D Intake
F&B 50mm TB
Hypertech PTM
Gibson Cat Back Exhaust (side swept 3" single)
Car Sound Cat
1.7 Crower Rockers
Accel Ignition System
JBA 9mm wires
Autolite 3923's (.040)
180 T-stat

It's my understanding that to do the Belly pan gasket, you have to remove the intake manifold etc, right (not sure exactly what the belly pan gasket is, just how to tell if it's blown..hehe)? If so, figured since while it's apart, might as well put a better intake manifold on.... Especially if I get a good deal :) What are the pros and cons with going this route?? Thanks

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L