RE: Re: RE: Brakes

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 15:44:53 EST

Generally, they adjust when you apply the brakes fully while backing up. Of
course the adjuster must be free to turn when you do this which is why the
anti-seize helps keep it from sticking. Different brands of cars have
slightly different methods of adjusting the parking brake and/or the rear
brake shoes. Rear *disk* brakes usually don't have any adjustment issues.

> Would you happen to know if rotors have any kind of warranty?
> (like tires?)
> Just wondering if I should be talking to the dealership about getting some
> cash back.> Phil
> 2000 4.7L Dodge Dakota CC 4x4

Usually brakes don't have much of a warranty as wear is greatly affected by
driving habits. However, if your truck is still under warranty it wouldn't
hurt to try. Especially if the rotors are warped.

RayB