Front End Clunk! (4X!)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 22:08:43 EDT

Okay, DML, Talk to me!
Who has the best price on Tockiko (sp?) shocks? I am throwing in the towel
on the ProComp ES9000s.
Lost ANOTHER (4TH!) lower shock bolt on the driver's side. This one was
repaired with an M12X1.75
Helicoil kit & installed to the correct torque (80 lbs/ft) & Loctite
ThreadLock 245 & the $@&%$*%^
thing STILL disappeared! Noticed the (now) familiar "clunk" on the way to
work & schecked it out when I stopped for my paper. Helicoil has backed
almost all the way out, as well. WTF do I do now? I've got another OEM bolt.
I've got more threadlock. I can crank up the clicker on the torque wrench. I
can go back to square one & repeat the helicoil procedure to ensue the
threads are clean. I DO NOT have a thread NO/GO gage to confirm the tap is
giving me the correct thread PD, but the insertion tool felt right at
install & the bolt threaded in nicely, so I assume it's close to spec.
The freekin bolts are almost $6 at the dealer. I'd hate to waste another
one., but I can't have the shock "floppin" around.
Ron Wong swore by his Tockikos & said they were costly, but I'm running out
of ideas. The ride hasn't been really
great on the ProComps lately either.
So, should I spring for the Tockicos or what?
WTF do I do????
HELP!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY