Re: RE: Tues. Morning,

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 09:36:59 EDT

Ouch! Man, I haven't had to do ANYTHING like that to my '97. I tow my open 10' trailer quite often, I'll probably make a couple of trips for 2 Cubic yards of mulch this summer, plus helping people move (like next weekend), etc, and I get up on it hard all the time, even with a loaded trailer. With the trailer having 1000lb+ load, I still leave people behind (ease into it off the line). Being a 1wd truck, I don't do any offroading either, but I do hit my fair share of potholes around here. At least that stuff was covered by warranty though. A year after I bought mine (used, bought late 99), found out my coolant was rusty. Busted the water pump. Turns out my freeze plugs had rusted out. $1700, 10 freeze plugs, 1 serpentine belt, 1 water pump (and other stuff) and an empty check book later it was fixed. Talk about being taken to the cleaners! This work was done by the dealer. My '97 will never go back to the dealership.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L