RE: Upshift light?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 11:58:41 EDT

For those who want to disable the light. If its a bulb, just pull it out.
About 4 screws to get the cluster out of the dash, then about 4 screws to
get the cardboard off the back of the instrument panel, find the bulb, and
twist it out.

I get the feeling it's an LED though. In that case do the above, then about
4 more bolts to pull out the circuit board. Pull firmly as the tach and
speedo are pressure slip fitted with some sort of bannana plugs (you'll see
what I mean). Identify the correct LED (in tiny letters it might say what
each component is), and snip it out. I don't think this will effect
anything else, but keep the LED just in case it screws up something else.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota