Re: Re: missing oil?? maybe belly pan

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 10:10:52 EDT

Hi Mike,

At 10:50 AM 4/16/03 -0400, you wrote:
>thanks for the info. so did you end up having to replace the gasket??
>Mike K

No. I had the oil loss symptoms near the end of a racing season. I did
the test for a leaked gasket but did not come up with anything. I also
did a compression test and that came up negative as well. The only
time that I knew that oil was coming out of the exhaust was at start-up
on my driveway and when the sun was low enough behind the rear.
Even then, the exhaust was such a faint "blue" that I wasn't really sure.
After about 2-3 weeks, I did not get anymore oil loss.

I had planned to put the M1 on over the winter. It was only when we did
the install that we discovered that the gasket had gone "wavy" in a few
locations
and had resealed itself. HTH.

Bob