Re: good trailer hitch?

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 14:18:59 EDT

raymond.irons@gm.com said:

> Jason,
>
> I have a 98 RC 2WD Sport. I think that hitch will fit any Dakota of the
> same year anyway. What are you trying to get for the Mopar hitch? I can't
> afford to buy anything new right now. Just curious since I need a hitch
> and new bumper.

According to mopar.com, a new accessory hitch is $159. I was thinking
somewhere in the $50 range, negotiable. I don't have the mounting
hardware any more, and any potential buyer would have to do their own
wiring. It's in pretty good condition, but it was on the truck for almost
three years.

However, I saw where you said you can get a new class III hitch for $80.
If that's the case, you might not be willing to pay $50 for a used Mopar
hitch. Keep in mind that you know the Mopar hitch is a good quality, well
constructed hitch that fits the truck perfectly with no drilling. I'm not
looking to maximize my profit, all I want is a fair price and to get it
out of Jon's way in his barn :-).

I should offer it to Tim first, since he was the original poster. If he's
not interested, it'll still be for sale. I guess you'd be second in line
if you wanted it.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer