dual batteries

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 10:16:11 EDT

>>> jdurling@bellsouth.net 05/02/03 07:55AM >>>
....I have thought for quite a while now about
setting up a dual battery system with one in the bed.....

Is anyone on the list actually running Dual batteries? It seems, given the space available (in a GenIII) that it might be possible to run 2 of those odd-size small batteries and net more cca and run-time than a single big battery. The other advantage is you could wire one of those low-voltage battery breakers to the #2 battery and have a sort of a backup. I have thought about having dual batteries because I would like to have an on-board welder at some point, and that's one of the recommendations I have read - run 2 batteries, a standard battery and a marine battery, with all of your lights, radio and wantnot on the marine battery, using the starting battery only to start and weld....