Re: Walker Evans Dak spotting

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 21:33:48 EDT

: jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
:> (No, I
:> didn't turn around and try to buy it...) ;-)

"Norah Bleazard" <norah.dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
: You didn't buy it Jon? Oh oh!!!

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Well, they say there's a first time for everything.

  Heh - yeah I figured that would be coming either way, so I
thought I'd try a pre-emptive strike. I can see that my "shock and
awe" needs some work. ;-)

  My Dad came up to me the other day and mentioned that there is a farm
auction about to take place just down the road and one of the vehicles
they will be selling is a Ram, in case I was interested. My Mom
overheard and said "Don't tell him THAT! He doesn't need ANOTHER truck!"
;-) That's OK - I can't afford another truck right now anyway. Although
I would argue that I DO actually need another truck - a Ram 3500 CTD;
dually, of course. Once I have that I think I will be pretty much set
truck-wise. Then I will need a '70 Cornet, a 68-70 Charger, possibly
a 68-70 Road Runner, maybe an early 60s Max Wedge car too. Oh, and
of course, a Charger Daytona or a Superbird would be really sweet, but
a guy's gotta be realistic, ya know? :-) (Might have to clone that
one.) ;-) Of course, there are also the cars I want to build - a
Shelby Cobra replica with a Viper drivetrain, a rear wheel drive
Avenger with a Mopar V8, and a sleeper Dak with a 440...

  All I need to do is win the lottery! Or maybe I can take up a
collection. If every DML member would donate five hundred dollars
or more to the "Help Jon create an obseenly excessive vehicle
collection", the world would be a far better place (for me). Just think,
for the equivalent of several hundred cups of coffee, you can make a
delusional screwball's dreams come true! In return for your generosity,
I will take pictures of the vehicles I buy and post them on my web
site for you, your family and your friends to cherish for generations to
come. Won't you please find it in your hearts to tighten your belts in
this time of need and shower me with money for no good reason whatsoever?
Why, just recently, a retired math teacher in southern Ontario pledged a
groovy custom Dodge Van to the cause, and YOU can do the same! ;-)

(Offer not valid in all states, side effects may include abdominal
discomfort, anorexia, asthma, blood problems, chronic gastro-intestinal
blood loss, depression, depression Headache, diarrhoea, discomfort/pain
in the chest, dizziness, dryness of mouth, dyspepsia, epigastric distress,
eye pain, gastro-intestinal bleeding, hair loss, headache, hearing
impairment, heart and liver problems, heartburn, impotence, inability to
concentrate, increased frequency of passing urine, jaundice, joint pain,
kidney problems, lethargy, lightheadedness, loss of appetite, muscle
cramps, nasal congestions, nausea and vomiting, palpitation, pancreatitis,
peptic ulceration, postural hypotension, rash, renal problems, skin
rash, sleeplessness, tachycardia and paradoxical bradycardia, tinnitus,
tinnitus, tiredness, tremors, urate kidney stones, vertigo,
visual disturbances, vomiting, and in an insignificant minority of test
subjects, death. Member FDIC.)

  Please give today! :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'