Oil and Temp gauges on '92 -'93

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 01:04:03 EDT

the oil guage seems to be on the low side on my '92 318.
i use 10w-30 from Shell most of the time. does anyone
know where the guage should be. like 12 noon or 11 o'clock or what.

the level is fine.

also the temp guage shows real low. theres the "C" printed on it and next
to it a tick mark, then about 1/32" away another tick. thats where
my temp needle sits all the time. i guess this is lowest point in
'operating range' on the guage but it seems strange to me. it barely
gets higher then this even after 45 minute drive to work. the only
time i saw it move a little higher is when I was waiting at drive-thru
restuarant for like 15 minutes just to get my order. even then it just rose
about 1/8" above that second tick mark.

anyone seen this. is it my sensor or the guage or is the engine really that
cold?

-dan

=====
Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.90 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, Cruise,
AC, & 110,000mi. mods: home-made cold air induction.

future: M-1, Mopar PCM, Autolite 3924, 180* stat, trans-go shift kit, 3" Gibson swept, underdrive pulleys, and re-locating IAT sensor. and a soft tonneau cover