RE: question about Gen2 chrome rims

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 09:23:28 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
jon@dakota-truck.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 12:30 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: question about Gen2 chrome rims

"Thomas Mize 3rd" <dakotasport94@hotmail.com> wrote:

: a friend has aquired a set of nice chrome wheels for his Gen2 truck
and
: needs to know what type of lug nuts are used on them to hold the
center caps
: on??

   I don't have a part number or anything, but I do have a
picture showing what they look like. I don't have access to
it right now though. Unless someone else posts one in the
meantime, I'll dig it up and e-mail it to you tomorrow. As
far as getting the lug nuts or a part number goes, any
Dodge dealer should be able to get them for him. If the
dealer or the parts store needs to look up a specific vehicle,
have him try a 1996 Dodge Dakota SLT (v8 or v6). That's what
my truck is, and I *think* those wheels came with the SLT
package.

--

-Jon-

Yup, the only place to get these lugs is at the dealer. Down here they were around $.21 each so they are not expensive. They have a thick ring that sticks out above where they seat and below the nut part. When tightened on the rings all stick out to hold the center on.

Jeff Durling