Re: Lots of tire questions

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 15:18:21 EDT

Yikes. 31's on a 2wd? I'm not speaking from experience, but it seems
logical that there is NO way these will fit without atleast a 3" body lift.

You will gain a little MPG on the freeway, but lose MPG around town. The
taller tires essentially "de-gear" the truck so the RPM will be lower on the
freeway, but the taller tires are heavier and harder to accelerate, so you
will lose MPG around town.

You're speedo will be off (it will read low), but I don't know by how much
or how to recalibrate it.

You could go with a taller sidewall tire, say a 255/75. This will not
affect the MPG/speedo as much but will have a noticable visual effect, and
will probably fit quite easily without modifying the suspension/body.

Brian
'99 CC 4x4