Battery, alternator question.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 09:46:56 EDT

Looking for a second opinion on this...

If the alternator is getting weak, the battery would show signs of dying. I
start up the Dak then remove the neg. battery cable, the motor runs rough,
the work light mounted on the under side of the hood flickers. As I turn on
electrical stuff (lights, fans etc.) the engine dies. I'm correct in saying
that the alternator is weak and in need of replacement? Also has or would
this cause damage to the battery if this has been going on for a while?

PS. I'm in digest mode here at work. Can some one Cc me a answer to me here
at work... donald.mallett@bnsf.com so I could make the call to the dealer to
get it fixed.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

--