Re: Cleaning a K&N

From: Jayson Woodruff (woodrufj@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 10:38:30 EDT

Yes, very possible to over oil. We had a K&N guy come and talk to a
group of mine. He said 90% of people over oil when cleaning. He said
the oil is colored so you can see what you've oiled. Just getting the
filter to turn pink is good. Any more coating and it will restrict air
flow and collect dirt faster.

Additionally, an '01 probably didn't need to be cleaned yet. They're
suposedly good up until the dirt level is covering the wire mesh. Most
  of the time (~10-20Kmi) you can just bang in on the sidewalk and let
the big dirt particles fall out.

All above is from the K&N guy.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota