New Quad Cab is sitting out front!

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 00:28:10 EDT

Got the new Quad Cab today! Went over the truck and the worst I found
was a piece of lint that is under the color coat on the passenger side
door right below the rubber window trim. It's not worth bitching about
and barely noticeable. Here is my first impressions and things I've
observed.
  FYI- 2003 Quad Cab 2WD, 4.7L with 5-speed Auto, 3.92 rear with
anti-spin axle. 2 tone garnet/silver, SLT+ package

-Rear window with dark tint and defroster looks awesome
-Brake pedal feel with new 4 wheel disc and optional 4 wheel abs is
incredible
-5-speed auto transmission has got to be the smoothest auto I've felt
short of a Mercedes. You cant feel it shift half the time.
-Items that came on truck that I didnt expect:
  None
-Items that did not come on truck that I expected:
  Ash tray with lighter, was on lower dash on my '01 is completely gone
  Power overhead console has no sunglass holder
  Switch to deactivate passenger airbag gone
  Rear wheel inner fender liners deleted
  Driver's visor has no mirror
  No rear floor mats with SLT
-Items that did not come on truck that I knew about ahead of time
  Spare tire comes on steel wheel, not matching alloy
  Center console with bench front seat does not have business console
  No trim on top of windshield

  Hey Droo! Listen up. I warned the dealer ahead of time that this
truck must have the business console or I'd just order bucket seats
instead. They told me it would have the business console (little did
they know what I knew) So, the truck came in and it had just a folding
center rest. Imagine this: I already had a T40 and T45 torx and a
philips head bit with me. Got the keys to another SLT on the lot that
was built in November 2002 that had the business console, and well,
let's just say the old SLT sitting on their lot now only has a folding
center armrest! Swap takes out 3 torx bolts, 1 philips head screw, and
about 5 minutes. All the brackets and attaching hardware are the same.
 Situation handled, I'm satisfied, and my saleswoman is relieved, 'cause
she KNEW I would not sign or drive away until that was remedied.
  So, everything else was smooth at the dealer. Took it home and
cleaned the flung off tire goop off the rockers and started on some goodies.
  Scotchguarded interior and floor mats. I already had bought the MOPAR
rear floor liner. For you Quad cab owners, this thing is great! Fits
real snug, sides tuck under door edge sills, and it's custom molded to
the floor contour and goes under the seats. Got it for $85 and well
worth it.
  Next thing is to install the Bully tailgate lock. If you havent seen
it, it replaces the bezel with a new bezel that houses a metal arm that
swings up when you turn the key and keeps the tailgate handle from
engaging the latch. No more powerbolts and all that stuff.
  Tomorrow will see maybe the mudflaps, hood cover, and 6 disc in dash
player, and spare tire lock.
  I'll get pics this weekend and post 'em.
  Sorry for ranting on, just the pleasure of a brand new vehicle...
Patrick