Re: Dead PCM wanted

From: WP (puzlist@mn.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 20:41:29 EDT

Shane,

Sequential isn't necessary, I'd just like to do it. I'd like a high
power cam in my 360, but I hate driving a car that doesn't idle
smoothly. I think that if sequential injection is timed correctly to
the camshaft, idle quality could be drastically improved with a lumpy
cam. Just a theory, but I'd like to try it. I wouldn't start with a
stock MegaSquirt for sequential, but I could use the circuit design as
the basis for my home brew unit.

I've got the EDIS parts ready to go as well. Just need to get a toothed
wheel, some way to mount it and build the controller.

WP

Shane Moseley wrote:

> Should be great in a 408 combo but WP why is sequential necessary? Is
> emissions a big concern? Live in VA? It wouldn't be trivial to convert
> MS into full sequential although it could be done. I'd rather see the
> current development which is aimed at doing full fuel and spark with one
> box. Looks like the coil-near-plug (EDIS) setup was released yesterday
> - not sure if that is combined with fuel or not tho. Also wouldn't
> expect any such unit to also have another map avail for things like
> nitrous and water injection. It's cool to sit back and watch the new
> features they are integrating into my home-brew PCM's at an amazing
> daily rate. By the time I get it fully installed, it will be as good as
> a full-on Motec setup. That reminds me - my Wide-Band Oxygen sensor
> should be coming in thru Autozone channels soon...
>
> Latr,
>
> Shane
>
> WP wrote:
>

>> My plan is to run the regular MegaSquirt batch injection at first.
>> Once I get comfortable that it's working well, I'll start working on a
>> full sequential system based on the MegaSquirt design. There are a
>> number of people on the MegaSquirt mailing list that are talking about
>> doing something similiar. Perhaps if enough of us work on it, one of
>> us will come up with something that works.

>>> 318 in my Dart when I put a 408 in the Dak. I'm torn between using a