RE: air cleaners for 3.9 V6

From: Craig Rash (CRash@infosysinc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 09:29:34 EDT

Edward Falsename,

I've got the Edelbrock 10"x2" filter on my 3.9. I got it at Pepboys for
about $28. It does have the connection for the "valve breather hose
thingy". And if you use the 2" filter(I've been told this is plenty for
the stock 3.9) you don't even have to put a longer bolt on the throttle
body. Installation, including removal of the stock intake took about 15
minutes!
Others have already mentioned the FABM intake instructions. I followed
those instructions except for adding a longer bolt to the TB.

Good luck!

Craig Rash
-------------
2000 Dakota Sport
ClubCab
Black
3.9 w/FABM
JVC 12CD changer w/head unit

anyway, im looking into a round air cleaner for my 99 3.9l V6 that is
CONFIMRED to fit. I know the 3.9's TB is pushed farther back into the
engine compartment near the firewall so that doesnt leave much space for
a large one, but it would give me more peace of mind and would sure as
hell beat putting the stock junk back on. just got a 14" air cleaner and
it doesnt fit. hopefully itll have a nozzle for the driver side valve
breather hose thingy. if not can someone reccomend a valve breather
filter to go with it if it doesnt have the hole for it.

mucho thanks
msnbcnnbcbs
99 RC V6 Auto