Re: a/c condensate

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 12:55:52 EDT

On Sunday, June 15, 2003, at 09:55 PM, Paul Bullerman wrote:

> I have a problem with my 00 Dak, it is leaking water into the cab on
> the passenger side. It is water, not antifreeze, and I have checked
> evaporator drain, it is draining water when the AC is on, I even ran a
> coat
> hanger up in it and then blew air through it. It worked for a couple
> of
> days, now water is under the floor board again. Has anyone had this
> problem?
> Is there any other way to solve this problem without taking the whole
> dash
> out to clean out the heater box?

one of my dad's freightliners did this, and my 98 Dak does it too. in
the freighshaker it was a lack of insulation on some of the coolant
lines behind the dash, and IIRC when I looked in my footwell last
summer it was the same thing, and it was just dripping off of them.
This summer, it's worse so I'm going to try to remember to take a
closer look at it. maybe I'll remember to do that this afternoon and
let you know what I find. odds on that are pretty slim, though =)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech