Re: ABS

From: Sam Perez (samjperez@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 10:23:01 EDT

""Wayne Allewelt"" <wallewelt@mai-aec.com> wrote in message
news:009001c334d2$bc9ce040$0d00a8c0@user2f5459a542...

> Hey all. I bought my DAK used back in Dec. and was wondering how do you
> determine if you have the front ABS or not. I know I probably could just
get
> it up to speed and slam on the brakes but I really don't want to have to
put
> a flat spot on my tires to determine whether or not I have ABS. I know
that
> the GenIII came from the factory with rear ABS. Is there somthing I can
look
> for on the truck that would tell me if I have the front ABS.
> Thanks,
> Wayne
> 01 QC Sport 4x4 V8

 My gen III has all around ABS. I have never seen a tag or rather looked for
a tag or anything but I do know when you take the front tire off there is a
cable that is bolted to the brake caliper assembly. This is the magnet that
senses the ABS. Additionally there is a ring gear on the back of hub. I
will check around to see if there are any tags or anything on the hood or
elsewhere.

--
Sam Perez