Re: Rancho RS9000X -- My opinions

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 02:57:24 EDT

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:48:26 -0400, mike-lists@tepidcola.com (Michael
Maskalans) wrote:

>On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 01:48 AM, Bill Pitz wrote:
>>
>> I'm definitely considering the in-cab adjusters now, though -- a
>> setting of 1-2 on the front is perfect for the crappy streets we have
>> around here, but a setting of 3 or 4 would be more comfortable (at
>> least to my taste) on a smooth freeway.
>
>glad to hear the good review. mine are going on friday, at least
>partially. I'm going to start with the remote (I went all out from the
>get-go) and see how far I get before dark/ arrival of a Special
>Visitor. I'm expecting to get 99% done, and the rest will wait for a
>ride and an open parts store on saturday =)

I'll be curious to hear how your install of the remote goes.

>by the way, what did you do with the boots for the front shocks? I
>can't see any way to have them on there, they're just *way* too
>long.... I don't see trimming as too much of an option. seems odd
>that a short front shock with 4" of travel gets the same boot as the
>rears with 8"....

No way in hell to get the boots on the front shocks. I just left them
off. It does seem odd, since Rancho did bother to provide the
hardware kit for the front shocks. I guess the same boot is just part
of what they do. I'm not too worried about it, though. The boot is
mostly an aesthetic thing for me, and it'd barely be visible on the
front shocks anyway. If anything ever goes wrong with them, there's
always the lifetime warranty :)

-Bill