Re: forum

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 18:35:49 EDT

Danny Burrows wrote:
> You know what I think would be the best idea, if we make it so that we could
> use HTML in the list so that we can link pictures to a webserver. We can
> have links now, but they don't show as a picture. I figure if there are
> links to webservers in the HTML we can still use pictures and it would take
> so long to download the emails from the list. And if someone postes naked
> ppl or something we can always just kick them out.
>
> Danny

HTML is handled by different mail/news clients differently, and you will
never get it working "right" for everyone - someone will always get a
screwball view. I've been known to use tin, a console/text-only
newsreader at times, and I'm sure several others on the list do the
same. Then the reader has to scour through the HTML to find the content.

Plus, it'll just bloat the messages, and for those on lower-speed
connections or who read offline, this can be a problem.

What's important isn't what your post looks like, but what the contents
are. A URL for your images that I can open how/when I wish to is my
preference.

"Real" email and newsgroups have been plain text only since the very
beginning partly for the universal compatibility.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------