Re: Towing Mirrors to fit 5X7 mirrors?

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 07:36:26 EDT

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:38:36 Bill Nissley wrote:

> I have the universal mount CIPA mirrors and I think they work pretty
> good.

Hmmm... well, I'm glad they work for you. Maybe the ones I saw just
weren't adjusted properly which caused them to vibrate a lot. In any
case, they're way too small for our trailer.

> didn't like the ones that Jason has because I thought that the strap
> might rub too much on the paint and the CIPA ones look cooler.

Again, just for the record, it's been my experience that these don't rub
on the paint. You crank them down and they don't move. As long as the
door is clean underneath, I haven't had a problem with them. Although,
granted, we aren't trying to enter any show and shine competitions, so
your standards might be more exacting than mine. But I can't see that
they've left any marks at all.

To each their own, I guess.

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario