Re: SuperLiner spray in Bedliners in Maryland area

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 10:58:09 EDT

Patrick and Kelly Engram wrote:

> Hey guys! I just wanted to let everyone know that my dealership was
> approved by SuperLiner and I will begin installing spray in bedliners
> next week. I am sending an e-mail to each of you because you showed an
> interest from the DML about having one installed in your truck at
> special introductory pricing. I am also sending this to the DML in case
> any other members missed my earlier postings.

Please. IMHO this is *bodering on* SPAM.

> -Here is the company website if you want more info on the product or you
> want to check out graphics (cool stuff!)
> http://www.bedliner.com/
> -This alaphatic polyurethane is uv stable and does not require a UV
> topcoat like RhinoLiner or Line-X, which automatically saves you $50
> that they charge you to topcoat their liner, which also must be
> re-applied every few years. What is the difference? They use aromatic
> polyurethane, not alaphatic, and aromatic is not uv stable.

I cannot find any documenation that supports this. The opposite, in
fact, at least for colored Line-X -
http://www.goline-x.com/text/color.html. I was not offered a UV coating
on my Line-X installation and I have yet to see any unbiased source
indicating that it will fade.

> -The liner can be tinted any color or can color match your paint code.
What's the wait time on getting the paint code matched?

> -Options such as over the rail, top of the tailgate, mudflaps, door
> entries, rocker panels, toolboxes, running boards, brush guards, you
> name it I can spray it!
The tailgate "cap" was included in the price of my Line-X.

> Please take a minute and respond to let me know if you are no longer
> interested, or you are interested, and forward this on to your friends
> if they might be interested.
<snip>An order form...on a mailing list...asking that it be passed on to
others...yeesh this feels like SPAM, especially since 75% of the
membership can't even use it as it's a localized service (can't exactly
mail-order this).

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------