re:the dak is overheating

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 12:12:11 EDT

Get the radiator checked.
A few weeks ago my Dak started getting hot when towing my travel trailer
across west Kansas. Put in new thermostat, got radiator "flushed" at a
shop in Estes Park CO., it didn't help. Radiator is only 4 years old and I
had done the usual Prestone super flush treatement last year but apparently
that was not good enough.
Used the heater a bit to keep it cool on the rest of the trip.
Pulled radiator when I got back to GA. I flushed out a bunch of crud and
sediment but could not get it to flow well. Local radiator shop took it
apart and rodded it for $85.. Works fine now.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,Jacobs ign. Tow pkg.